Energy savings tips for your heated pool
Did you know that if your pool water is allowed to cool significantly, it may take several days to return to the desired swimming temperature? For weekend use, it is more economical to maintain the pool water temperature at or near your desired swimming temperature.
However, if you do not plan to use your pool for a prolonged period, then you might choose to turn the heat pump completely off or decrease the temperature setting of the control several degrees to minimize energy consumption.
Check out some of our energy savings tips below:
• Always use a high-quality pool cover when practical. Besides providing a valuable water saving feature, a pool cover is the single most effective means of reducing your pool heating costs.
• Make sure you check your water temperature regularly. A difference of 2°C, between 26°C and 28°C, will significantly increase energy consumption.
• Monitor the water temperature of your pool in the summer time – you can reduce your heat pump usage due to warmer air temperatures.
• When the pool is not used for long periods, turn off the heat pump.
• Where possible, shelter your pool from prevailing winds with well-trimmed hedges or other landscaping, cabanas, or fencing.
+ CONTINUE READING