Below is a list of topics where you will find lot of helpful videos, tips and technical information on our EvoHeat Fusion heat pumps.
Installation and service must be performed by a qualified installer.
Evo recommend the heat pump should be installed in an outdoor location with appropriate ventilation. Installing the heater indoors without adequate ventilation, or in a poorly ventilated enclosed space, will result in very poor performance and can, in extreme cases, damage the heater. Ensure the heater is installed in a well-ventilated area with plenty of fresh air.
Make sure the heat pump is not located where large amounts of water may run-off from a roof into the unit. Sharp sloping roofs without gutters will allow excessive amounts of rain water mixed with debris from the roof to be forced through the unit. A water deflector may be needed to protect the heat pump.
The heat pump should be installed a maximum of 5m below the water level of the pool/spa. If further than 5M please discuss with your EvoHeat specialist for the best advice.
Your heat pump should be installed on a flat level surface as close as possible to the pool. Large runs of uninsulated piping can significantly contribute to heat loss. Normally, the pool heat pump is installed within 7.5 metres of the pool. The longer the distance from the pool, the greater the heat loss from the piping.
If a suitable outdoor location is unavailable, contact your EVO specialist for advice.
For more information on the installation please refer to the product manual.
Examples of INCORRECTLY installed heat pumps
Poor to no air flow
Competing location (should not be positioned near a hot water system/air conditioner)
|Key||Key name||Key function|
|ON/OFF||Press this key to turn on/off the unit.|
|Up||Press this key to select the upward option
or increase the parameter value.
|Down||Press this key to select the downward
option or decrease the parameter value.
How to turn the unit ON and OFF
How to turn the unit on
When the controller is off, press thekey and hold on for 1/2 second
How to turn the unit OFF
When the controller is on, press thekey and hold for 1/2 second
How to set the temperature
In the main interface pressor(the current mode target temperature will begin to flash), then press the up or down arrow button to increase or decrease the temperature value.
To save your target temperature leave your target temperature for 5 seconds (the system will save your settings and return to the main interface if there is no operation after 5 seconds).
How to check the outlet temperature
In the main interface, pressfor 2 seconds. The outlet temperature will flash on the display panel. The display will return to the main interface after 10 seconds.
How to change the mode
In the main interface pressand(together) for 1/2 second. Note: There are three different modes you can select – cooling, heating or automode. Select the mode by pressingorTo save your mode leave your nominated mode for 5 seconds (the system will save your settings and return to the main interface if there is no operation after 5 seconds).
How to lock and unlock your controller
Lock your controller
To avoid mis-operation, we recommend that you lock your controller after setting your parameters. At the main interface pressfor 5 seconds. The controller will beep once when it is locked.
Unlock your controller
At the main interface pressfor 5 seconds. The controller will beep once when it is unlocked. Note: when the unit’s alarm is activated the controller will automatically unlock.
How to know if there is a malfunction?
There will be a malfunction code showing on the screen when a malfunction occurs. If there are multiple malfunctions, you can check the current error codes by press the or key.
For more information on the malfunction codes please refer to My heater is displaying an error code section
The EvoHeat app is an additional upgrade option on the Fusion & Force range. If you have upgraded your unit you will be able to use the EvoHeat app. Below are the steps to downloading and setting up your EvoHeat app.
Downloading your EvoHeat app
The EvoHeat app is available free to download for your iOS or Android device. To download the app go to your app store and search “Pool heater”. Note: make sure you download the app that is called Pool Heater as there are many different apps available.
How to set up your Wi-Fi module for your Evoheat app
How to connect Wi-Fi for a mobile phone?
On your mobile phone, select the setting icon and then select Wi-Fi
Choose your network
Input the password
How to connect Wi-Fi for your module?
There are 4 mains steps to connecting Wi-Fi for your module. They are:
Build the Simple Wi-Fi network
In the EvoHeat app select the + in the top right of the screen
Then select the > arrow in the right screen and select switch device to AP mode (See below)
On the Wi-Fi module press the signal button, once the yellow light at the top is on you have successfully switched to AP mode.
Connect to Simple Wi-Fi
On your mobile phone under settings, select Wi-Fi and nominate Simple Wi-Fi
In your EvoHeat app scroll through Add Devices until you find Connect your phone to Simple Wi-Fi and select
Select your Wi-Fi and enter your Wi-Fi password and press OK
Click on the tick in the right-hand corner. Note: your phone will automatically change to your nominated Wi-Fi.
Connect to the router
On your Wi-Fi module, the second light down should now be yellow and within a few seconds the third light will start flashing to show communication with the internet.
REGISTER the heat pump
In your EvoHeat app you will have the option to register the device, select YES.
Enter your device details which will be on a sticker on the side of the wifi module.
You have now successfully set up your Wi-Fi module
Slide to refresh the app
SUCCESS Your EvoHeat app will now be working
Wi-Fi configuration FAQs & Troubleshooting
Filters are used to deny or allow home network (LAN) computers from accessing the internet. If you are unable to connect to your internet you may need to cancel the firewall setting or use another Wi-Fi.
Wi-Fi encryption setting
Tell your IT technician to switch to WPA/WPA2 or OPEN
Make sure you use the 2.4G Wi-Fi network as it does not support 5G Wi-Fi
Free Wi-Fi services
Some free Wi-Fi services may not permit the use under the terms and conditions. If you are unable to use a free Wi-Fi service use another Wi-Fi network.
Trouble Shooting & Error Codes (collapsible and retractable headings)
My unit isn’t working
- Is the screen of control panel lit? If not, make sure the electrical wires and cables are correctly connected and the power is on. Ensure any circuit breaker devices are set to the ON position and press the ON button on your controller. Check your controller cable is plugged in and is not damaged. If the unit has been shut off or the power has been interrupted the heater will not restart for a 5-minute period to protect the compressor. Wait 5 minutes before attempting a restart.
- Three Phase units – If you are not getting any display on the controller make sure that the phase relay in the heaters electrical box is showing both lights (Green and orange). If both lights aren’t lit change the phases around until they are. The unit should now be functional.
- Is there sufficient water flow? If the screen displays a water flow related error check the water flow. Is the water pump in operation and the system free of debris that may cause a blockage? Disconnect pool cleaners to ensure proper water flow. Check and clear any skimmer boxes.
- Is the current pool/spa water temperature higher than the set temperature on the controller? If so the unit will not operate until the pool/spa water temperature falls below the set temperature on the controller.
- Check the controller for error messages and refer to the error code table.
My unit is running but not heating
- Is the unit in “Heating” mode?
- Is the air discharged from the front of the fan noticeably cooler than the ambient temperature? If not, check to see if the WATER OUT temp is higher than the WATER IN temp. Check also the INLET WATER TEMP is lower than the HEAT TEMP set point.
- Ensure sufficient fresh airflow around the unit as per installation instructions. Make sure cold air discharged does not recycle back through the heater. Check the condenser fins. If they are dirty or blocked use a low flow garden hose only (pressurised water may cause damage to the heater).
- The unit will periodically defrost when the ambient air temperature is lower than 8 degrees C.
My heater is running continuously
- Check the set temperature is at your desired level and that the pool water temperature is at or below this set point.
- Possible electrical component failure – contact EVOHEAT on 1300 859 933
Water appearing around unit base
- Condensation is a normal by product of running a pool heat pump.
- Possible water leak. Check the discharge for the presence of chlorine. If the water has no chlorine then it is condensation and is normal. Another method of checking is to turn the heater off and run the water pump continuously for a period of 2-4 hours. If the water dries out then it was condensation. If there is a continuous leak contact EvoHeat for service on 1300 859 933.
My heater is displaying an error code
|P01||Water inlet temp. sensor failure||The water inlet temperature sensor is open or short circuit or the water temperature sensor is loose or faulty||Check or change the water inlet temperature sensor|
|P02||Water outlet temp. sensor failure||The water outlet temperature sensor is open or short circuit or the water temperature sensor is loose or faulty||Check or change the water outlet temperature sensor|
|P04||Ambient temp. sensor failure||The ambient temperature sensor is open or short circuit||Check or change the ambient temperature sensor|
|P05||Coil temp. sensor failure||Temp. Sensor is loose or faulty||Check or change the sensor|
|P07||Suction temp. sensor 1 failure||Temp. Sensor is loose or faulty||Check or change the sensor|
|E01||High pressure protection (HP)||HP switch is loose or faulty. Low water flow||Check or change the sensor. Check water flow of system|
|E02||Low pressure protection (LP)||LP switch is loose or faulty. Loss of refrigerant.||Check or change the sensor. Check Pressure gauges.|
|E03||Water flow protection||Flow switch is loose or faulty. Low water flow||Check or change the sensor. Check water flow of system|
|E06||Temp. difference between inlet and outlet||Temp. difference >13||Temp. difference >13, power off|
|E07||Antifreezing protection||Antifreezing temp. <2||Check flow and water system|
|E08||Communication failure||Communication failure between wire controller and main board||Check the connection between wire controller and main board|
|E19||Primary Antifreezing protection||Ambient temp. is too low||/|
|E29||Secondary Antifreezing protection||Ambient temp. is too low||/|
Do I need to get my unit serviced?
It is recommended that you get your EvoHeat unit serviced once a year by your local certified air conditioning or refrigeration technician. If your unit is located in a coastal area, more frequent maintenance may be necessary. During the service, they will check the operational pressures of the refrigeration system and give the unit and fins a good clean to ensure maximum performance.
Do we have recommended service agents?
EvoHeat have a large database of recommended service agents. Please contact EvoHeat on 1300 859 933 for your local service agent details.
Should I check my unit regularly?
We recommend you check your unit regularly to avoid potential issues and damage to your heat pump.
What should I be checking regularly?
Check the water inlet/outlets often for leaks. You should avoid the condition of no water or air entering into the system, as this will influence unit’s performance and reliability.
You should clear the pool/spa filter regularly to avoid damage to the unit as a result of the dirty of clogged filter.
The area around the unit should be dry, clean and well ventilated. Make sure there is nothing blocking the airflow of the heater e.g. Leaf litter.
Discharge all water in the water pump and water system, so that freezing of the water in the pump or water system does not occur. You should discharge the water at the bottom of water pump if the unit will not be used for an extended period. You should check the unit thoroughly and fill the system with water fully before using it for the first time after a period of time.
Check the power supply and cable connection often, should the unit begin to operate abnormally, switch it off and contact the qualified technician
Examples of what your unit will look like if you don’t do regular maintenance
If your pool water is allowed to cool significantly, it may take several days to return to the desired swimming temperature. For weekend use, it is more economical to maintain the pool water temperature at or near your desired swimming temperature. If you do not plan to use your pool for a prolonged period, then you might choose to turn the heat pump completely off or decrease the temperature setting of the control several degrees to minimize energy consumption.
- Use an accurate pool thermometer. A difference of 2ºC, between 26ºC and 28ºC, will significantly increase energy consumption.
- Carefully monitor the water temperature of your pool in the summer time. You can reduce heat pump usage due to warmer air temperatures.
- When the pool is not used for long periods, turn off the heat pump.
- Where possible, shelter the pool from prevailing winds with well-trimmed hedges or other landscaping, cabanas, or fencing.
- Always use a high-quality pool cover when practical. Besides providing a valuable water saving feature, a pool cover will dramatically reduce heat loss and reduce your pool heating running costs by up to 70%.